Friday, 16 November 2012

Procrastination

This is probably a post that lots of people can relate to..

So, I've been quite busy this week with assignments, mainly 2 big assignments. I have had plenty of time to do these, yet I chose to leave them to the last minute, meaning that over the past 2 days I have been frantically trying to finish them before the deadline the next day. These wouldn't have taken long to do if I just sat down and did them, but no, instead I somehow thought it was a better idea to stay up until 2am the night before they were due in, and wake up as a zombie the next morning. Why do we do this to ourselves? Looking back over these past couple of days, it's been amusing looking at the different ways I tend to procrastinate, which I think is the same for lots of other people, so here they are:

Eating. I would have eaten dinner around half an hour ago, yet as soon as I try to get any work done, I want more food. I will literally convince myself that I'm hungry, and go to the kitchen just so I don't have to do any work. I will continue to do this, leading up to the point where I have no food left, and so I am forced to do my work. Does anyone else do this? *sigh*

Facebook. I will not get any work done if facebook is open. Fact. My evening will instead consist of me constantly refreshing the page to see if there is anything interesting to read, and so I will not get any work done as, somehow, Facebook is more interesting :|

YouTube. This is probably the worst form of procrastination, as I can guarantee I won't get any work done. It will typically start with watching my favourite YouTubers' videos. However, I end up being on there for so long, it gets to the stage when I am watching endless videos of cute animals. I have to try not to stay on there too long, otherwise you end up being in what is known as 'the weird part of YouTube', and you don't want to be there.

There are lots of other things I do when I procrastinate, but it would simply take too long to list them all! Most of the time, it's a combination of all of these things that stops me doing work, and I'm sure it's the same for many people.
  Despite all of this, I managed to hand my work in yesterday and this afternoon, which means I have an excuse to do absolutely nothing this evening. Hooray!

Kimberley

2 comments:

  1. Soooooo true! I've left my NVQ ERR workbook to the last minute!!!! :O Hopefully i'll get it in on time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've left my meteorology work last minute, doing it now as I don't want more work to build up :] xxx

      Delete