I'm in the position where I actually have some free time, so now I've finally got round to writing this.
The last week of term at uni was pretty hectic, had a lot of assignments due which I obviously left until the last minute. You know, I've been thinking about this recently, and I don't understand why I do this to myself - it's more logical to start it earlier so I'm spared the stress of when the deadline arrives and I still haven't finished it, yet, I still do it anyway? Human nature is confusing sometimes.
Like most students, I spent my Christmas holiday at home - which was lovely. I was able to catch up with friends who I hadn't seen for months, and it generally felt so good to be back. Over this period I'll admit that I got a bit addicted to my playstation - Crash Bandicoot 2 & Spyro 2 to be specific, I know I'm a geek I'm sorry. One of the highlights was having a Monty Python evening with my friend Joanna. Having been friends for at least 10 years, I missed her a lot. This photo pretty much sums up the evening, alcohol and eating!
Joanna has a blog too which is worth a look: http://raging-minds.blogspot.co.uk/
Christmas was really enjoyable this year, being away from home really made me appreciate it more, and I enjoyed the giving aspect of it a lot more than before. It was also a bit difficult, as it was my first Christmas without my nan. I gave my grandad a portrait of her I painted earlier on in the year as a present.

One of my favourite presents was an Ellie Goulding t-shirt I received from my two sisters. What made this special for me was that I had been searching for one for so long but never had any luck - my sisters know me so well! Additionally, all the money for the t-shirt goes to Trekstock - a charity helping young people with cancer, which is really worthwhile.
Another present I received was a Where's Wally jigsaw puzzle, which was part of an ongoing joke of me liking Where's Wally stuff (I received a Where's Wally card and also have a Where's Wally mug given to me previously). It surprisingly didn't take me that long to finish, though I did probably spend too much time doing it when I could have been doing more productive things *cough*chemistryassignment*cough*. This is what it looked like:
One of my final highlights was seeing my friend Katrina. Having been friends for as long as I can remember, I missed her a lot when I was away. It was lovely to meet up again, which consisted of the usual slobbing around and going on the playstation. Going on a trip to the cinema in her car was also a memorable experience - it was a brilliant day.
Now here I am, sat in my room at uni once again at the end of the first week of term. As much as I'll miss home, it's good to be back. I've had a lovely catch up with my friends, and today saw between 2 and 5 inches of snow falling up here. Lectures were cancelled for the afternoon, and once again I found myself hurrying to finish my assignment before it was due in, *sigh* - I will never learn. I went on a walk around campus with a few friends which was really fun, everything looks so much prettier in the snow!
Nature is beautiful, that's all I have to say.
Kimberley






Haha great post :) Our Monty Python night was awesome! We must do it again some time again :)
ReplyDeleteI'll miss you!!! xxx
Haha thanks :) You need to write one on your blog now! ;) Definitely, I really enjoyed that evening :D Missing you! xxx
Delete